We ask four things of you as you apply to become a mentor:
- You read all the materials sent to you about WWAC
- You send WWAC a letter of recommendation from a friend/employee
- You write a short essay on why you would like to be a mentor
- You agree to a background check
- Meet with your mentee in person once a month
- Touch base via email, text, or phone call once a week
- Encourage your mentee and hold them accountable
- Actively listen to your mentee
- Report back to Women With A Cause if there are any issues that arise.
After we have met with you and have discussed our mentoring program we will assign you a mentee. We ask for a commitment of at least a year.
Occasionally WWAC will have a mentor event. This will be an opportunity to meet with other mentors to discuss your experiences and to ask questions.
Become a Mentor
If you would like to be a mentor, fill out the form below and one of our staff members will get back to you.